We all want to have what we desire. Though it’s not easy, who cares? Dreaming costs nothing. But what if I tell you that you can achieve anything you want in life? Sounds interesting, right? Let’s explore how this can be done.
First, I would like to share a story with you. It’s about me. So, when I was a child, I was really bad at studies. It’s not that I didn’t want to study but you can say I was not interested in studying. I had difficulty understanding some concepts and I used to get distracted easily. There were so many things to learn and understand. But some topics were really good and those were the ones I used to give my full attention to. That means I didn’t have any problem with learning but I just wasn’t committed to studies. So, I was in 11th standard and one of my elder cousins asked me a few questions from the subject I was studying and I couldn’t answer them. He shouted at me, tried to make me understand how important 11th and 12th standards are in deciding your career and I felt embarrassed. That day, I stood in front of the mirror and decided that I will start studying seriously and will not let anyone complain about my knowledge ever. I made a routine and promised myself that I will show this world that if I want, I can achieve anything in life. So here I am, writing this blog for you so you can also learn what changes I brought in my routine to know the trick.
- Always Focus On Commitment – People say that to achieve something, you need to feel motivated. But I believe this is not true. What you need to do is commit to your goal. Learn how important it is to you. Are you willing to change yourself to achieve it? Ask yourself these questions. Once you’re committed to your goal, motivation will follow.
- Focus On The Journey, Not Destination – In my case, I didn’t focus on the numbers I’ll get in the end but on the knowledge, I’m getting from those books (by the way, in my entire professional life so far, nobody has ever asked me about my marks). I didn’t have access to Google and didn’t know how exactly you can find answers to every question there. But I had a school library and my big family. The library helped me understand the theory and my extended family helped me understand the concept practically. I used to talk to them about their journeys. This combination helped me focus on improving, exploring, and concurring the world (in my case, the 11th standard was my world).
- Be Focused – To achieve anything in life, you need to get rid of all the distractions. Thank God, there were no Instagram, Facebook, and smartphones at that time. The only distraction was the idiot box aka Television. So, I realized the things which are working as distractions for me. I held myself accountable to not do those things. I also learned to manage my time and took this responsibility on my shoulders.
- Take Breaks –It is really important to protect yourself from feeling overwhelmed. You need to understand how much your brain and body can take. It is easy to feel excited when you are motivated (Adrenaline Rush Alert!). But it is important to take a rest in between and switch between practical and pleasurable activities from time to time to maintain your motivation, focus and commitment.
- Believe In Yourself – To achieve anything in life, you need to believe in yourself. You need to make sure that you don’t rely on others and be self-sufficient. Others have their own needs, goals, and priorities. You can’t stop yourself from moving ahead just because somebody’s not free to help you. So, believe in yourself. Do not rely on others. You have all the powers within you.
So, you must understand that you can achieve anything in life as long as you are focused and committed. Do not wait to feel motivated, it will follow. Just believe in yourself and take out time to enjoy life.