“Go forth on your path, as it exists only through your walking.” – Saint Augustine
We would all agree on one point that we all have immense potential. You would have thought that how different your life would have been if you could stick to a certain skill long enough to realize your potential. But the reality is different. We seldom stick to something for so long that we can see our potential. And that’s what makes a huge difference in our thinking, beliefs, behaviour and overall life.
So, today, to boost your morale and give you the shot of motivation, we are going to share some ways to stay consistent. So, you realize your true potential and worth.
- Commit – Sometimes, we imagine that we want to conquer the world. We want to learn everything. We don’t have a particular goal, just some adrenaline rush that motivates us to just achieve everything at once. But in reality, we don’t like to do all that, rather like the idea of doing them. So, whenever you think about something or wants to walk on that path, ask yourself if you want to do that and learn about the challenges you are going to face on that journey before you go forth. And finally, understand WHY you want to do that.
- Pick One Thing At A Time – If you want to be consistent, focus on only one thing at a time. Don’t live in your dream world where you are the superhero who can achieve anything. To be honest even superheroes have one superpower. So, learn about that one thing. It could be a habit, a skill, a plan, a goal. ANYTHING. But just one thing at a time. And give your best. Just remember, don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- Efficiency vs. Creativity – When you can avoid wasting your time, energy, money and resources, you are doing things efficiently. And when you come up with something new and original, then it is creativity. Now, on the journey of becoming consistent, you need to figure out what is needed when. You need to create a balance and see when you need to be efficient to keep going and when the path requires creativity. For example, when you start something, to maintain the flow and keep yourself motivated, you have to be efficient because in initial times, if you try to be creative and your idea doesn’t work then it will not only affect your motivation but also disrupt your flow and you might not sustain for long. So, understand when you need to be creative and when you need to be efficient.
- Set Realistic Goals – We always recommend setting realistic and achievable goals. Because they are the key to be consistent. If your goals aren’t realistic or achievable, you won’t be able to proceed smoothly and end up achieving nothing. This affects your morale, willpower and perseverance. You can use the SMART goal approach to set your goals and measure their progress from time to time.
- Progress vs. Perfection – Now, when it comes to being consistent, you need to stop expecting everything to be perfect. To be consistent and to feel motivated, focus on your progress and learn from mistakes. That will give you the motivation to go forth on your path. Striving for perfection is not rather it affects your morale and makes you feel worthless and good for nothing. So, focus on your progress and keep on walking on your path to success.