As promised, here we are with some techniques to help you learn and understand how you can stop comparing yourself with others and make peace with yourself. Before we continue to discuss those techniques, I would like to share with you that it is not magic and you won’t see results overnight. So please be patient with yourself and don’t be too harsh. Things take time. Healing takes time. Give time some time so, you also don’t feel de-motivated and helpless.
So, here are some techniques that will help you to stop comparing yourself to others.
- Believe In Yourself – When we compare ourselves with others, we lose a connection with ourselves. It is really important to believe that we are enough and even if we have some flaws, it’s okay. Nobody’s perfect. What is more important is that we accept those flaws and try to change them when required. And for that believing in one’s abilities, capabilities and strengths are very important. Just be your best friend and believe in yourself.
- Embrace Your Life – Each individual has a different path and a different journey, which make us all different from each other and that’s what makes us unique. So, do not shy away from your journey and the lessons it has taught you so far. Accept it. Embrace yourself and your life. This will give you the confidence to be able to go on with motivation.
- Bring A Balance – When things are going wrong in life, we feel out of balance. It may be because there is a misalignment between our real self and ideal self, which creates confusion and disharmony within us. It is important to understand this misalignment and examine the areas we need to work upon. We just need to trust ourselves for that and take action as and when required and things will fall into place.
- Conquer Your Fear – Most of the time, we don’t try something new is because we have a fear. We fear what if we cannot do something, what if people will judge me, what if they’ll laugh at me, what if I fail, what if I don’t complete the task, and so on. And this fear doesn’t let us move on and later when we do not accomplish something we start comparing ourselves to those who have achieved what we wanted to achieve. This creates a lot of anxiety and jealousy which is not good for our well-being. So, identify what you are afraid of and work on that.
- Use Positive Affirmations – When you feel that you do not have anything worth sharing with others or with yourself for motivation, start using positive affirmations daily to challenge those negative thoughts. Repeating positive phrases or having positive self–talk brings changes in the subconscious mind and this repetitiveness makes your mind in believing them and thus gives you the power to change them into reality. This boosts confidence and motivation in you and you are all set to conquer the world with your trust in yourself.
It is not difficult to trick your brain with some small techniques. You just need to identify where you need to work upon and you are all set to go.