Recently, I met a friend of mine after a long time. We talked about various things. About whatever happened in this past year, how we coped up with the situation, how’s our routine, what changes we brought in our lifestyle to improve our wellbeing etc. We also talked about a very interesting topic that was about the path of self-realization and how this is our ultimate purpose. I was so curious to know more about this concept, so while discussing it, I asked him how one can reach that level of self-realization. He shared his thoughts of leaving his parents behind and going in search of himself. He wants to understand the real self and to attain that purpose he is ready to leave behind all his duties and responsibilities. I found it a bit strange. How can one leave behind his responsibilities and duties to “find” himself? Is it the right thing to do? Isn’t there any other way to attain the same while fulfilling one’s duties? So, I started reading about this topic and sharing what I learned with you. I might be wrong and many of you may not agree with me but this is what I found to be appropriate and practical. You all are welcome to share your opinions in the comment section.
- Self-realization is indeed the ultimate purpose of life. If we know ourselves fully, we will not be overwhelmed by the situations and events in our lives. We won’t get affected by them as we know how to handle them calmly and peacefully. That is the real knowledge.
- To get success in every aspect of life, one must be aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses as without such awareness, one can never attain success.
- To understand oneself, one needs to understand one’s mind as all the actions are performed with the help of our mind. Hence, it is important to give the most attention to our mental life.
- The path of self-realization doesn’t ask you to leave your duties and responsibilities behind. It is not the path of escapism, rather performing one’s duty is necessary as long as one lives in the world.
- The one who practices self-discipline, there’s nothing that he cannot attain.
This is what I have learned from my initial research. I would request that you share your perspective in the comment section and discuss this topic.